10 Places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms
Delhi is replete with millions of things you can indulge in during weekend time. Therefore, we have come up with 10 places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms.
The great capital attracts a lot of tourist for its vibrant beauty, culture, and food. So While you are visiting Delhi you would want to explore a few places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms.
A lot of Delhiites also plan to spend time away from the hustle and bustle of the daily city life. This place is a haven for the shopping lovers where they can buy anything and everything. Therefore, in the capital of the country, there are a number of places to visit near Delhi which provide all kinds of getaways people want to explore. Here are few of them listed.
- Chattarpur (15 Km)
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary (16 Km)
- Tughlaqabad Fort (17 Km)
- Surajkund (22 Km)
- Faridabad (30 Km)
- Gurugram (30 Km)
- Dhauj (45 Km)
- Sultanpur National Park (45 Km)
- Manesar (48 Km)
- Damdama Lake (50 Km)
1) Chattarpur (15 km)
Nearest on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Chattarpur. Chattarpur is best for people looking for a pilgrimage visit.
The temple was established in 1974, by Baba Sant Nagpal ji, who died in 1998. His samadhi shrine lies in the premises of the Shiv-Gauri Nageshwar Mandir within the temple complex.
This temple was considered as the biggest temple in India and second largest in the world before the Akshardham Temple was created in 2005 in Delhi.
- Distance from Delhi: 15 km
- Famous For: Chattarpur Temple
- Activities to do: Pilgrimage.
- Best time to visit: All round year.
- Suggested Itinerary: You can also visit Qutub Minar and attractions on Mehrauli Gurgaon Road.
- Tips for travel: If you are traveling by your car, be prepared for car parking hassles.
- How to reach: Chattarpur Metro station is the closest metro station and you can also reach it through state buses of Delhi.
- Best For: Families, Couples, and Solo Travelers.
2) Okhla Bird Sanctuary (16 km)
No.2 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Okhla Bird Sanctuary. Established in 1990, Okhla Bird Sanctuary is a haven for bird-watchers and nature lovers.
It is situated in Uttar Pradesh and is blessed with tranquility and lush greenery to welcome you with!
The birds found here include around 320 bird species like the White-rumped Vulture, Baikal Teal, Common Redshank, Lesser Adjutant, Blue Throat, Baer’s Pochard, Sarus Crane and many others!
- Distance from Delhi: 16 km
- Famous For: Bird-watching, Wildlife Enthusiasts, Nature Lovers, Photography Lovers, etc.
- Activities to do: Cycling, Nature Walks, Bird watching, etc.
- Best time to visit: This bird sanctuary is open all around the year. The timings during summers are 7 am – 5.30 pm and in winters it is 7.30 am – 5 pm. The best time to visit is September to March when rare migratory birds can be found here.
- Suggested Itinerary: Can be clubbed with a visit to these locations
- DLF Mall Noida
- Worlds of Wonder
- Swaminarayan Akshardham
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Bahai’s Lotus Temple, amongst others.
- Tips for travel: Take binoculars, cameras and a travel guidebook for this place which will help you with sightseeing.
- How to reach: Okhla Bird Sanctuary is well-linked to the capital through metro. You can reach the Botanical Garden Metro Station from where there is much local transport available.
- Best For: Peace Seekers, Photography Lovers, Birdwatchers, Nature Lovers, Family, Solo travelers, and Couples.
3) Tughlaqabad Fort (17 km)
No.3 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Tughlaqabad Fort. A striking tourist attraction for history buffs, Tughlaqabad Fort is about an hour drive from Delhi.
In ruins now, the construction is of red sandstone and established by Ghiyas-Uddin-Tughlaq, the first ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty.
- Distance from Delhi: 17 km
- Famous For: History Lovers, Architecture Enthusiasts, Photography, Excursion trips.
- Activities to do: Historical expedition, soak in the natural aura, indulge in photography.
- Best time to visit: March, April, May and the winter months are the best ones to discover this beautiful fort.
- Suggested Itinerary: Karni Singh Shooting Range, Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, and Adilabad Fort
- Tips for travel: Comfy shoes are a must before setting out to explore this fort. Visit this place during early morning time to get the best pictures. Keep snacks and drinks along with you since there are quite a few eateries here.
- How to reach: DTC Buses like 84, 525, 511, and 874 connects the local bus stand of this fort to other places in Delhi. The closest metro station is Govindpuri from where you can take any local transport to reach here.
- Best For: Nature Lovers, History and Architecture Buffs, Couple, Solo explorers.
4) Surajkund (22 km)
No.4 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Surajkund. Surajkund is famed for its artificial lake that shines out at sunrise and sunset thus providing with an ideal picnic spot for every nature lover.
This village also becomes lively during the popular Surajkund Fair which is renowned for its artistic crafts.
The Mela adds color and vividness to this hamlet’s aura and is organized in February annually.
- Distance from Delhi: 22 km
- Famous For: Picnics, Surajkund Craft Mela, Rustic Village expeditions, Badhkal Lake Complex, and luxury resorts.
- Activities to do: Sightseeing, Nature Walks, Camel riding, etc.
- Best time to visit: February is the ideal month to discover this attraction as you can explore the famous Surajkund Crafts Fair. Nevertheless, you can visit Surajkund during the rest of the year also. You can also plan to stay at luxurious resorts here and try camel rides at Badhkal Lake Complex.
- Suggested Itinerary: Surajkund Lake, Surajkund Crafts Mela, Badhkal Lake Complex, CITM Lake, Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range, amongst others
- Tips for travel: Keep snacks and drinks along if you are planning a picnic and wear comfortable footwear before discovering the Surajkund Fair.
- How to reach: You can reach Surajkund via the closest metro station of Badarpur. Local transports, as well as DTC buses, also link the capital with this location.
- Where to stay: Vivanta by Taj, The Atrium, and Hotel Rajhans.
- Best For: Nature Lovers, Art enthusiasts, Photography buffs, Families, Adventure seekers and Couples
5) Faridabad (30km)
TripAdvisor Rating –
No.5 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Faridabad. If you are in a mood to get away from Delhi and spend some time in a nearby city filled with tons of activities to do, then Faridabad can be a good option to explore.
There are amusement parks, golf courses, shopping, lakes, and camping adventures thus blending the city vibes with some refreshing activities in the Aravalli Hills and giving you a lovely weekend!
- Distance from Delhi: 30 km
- Famous For: Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, Surajkund Tourist Complex, Badhkal Lake, Dhauj Lake, and Raja Nahar Singh Palace.
- Activities to do: Historical expeditions, sightseeing, Boating, Golfing, and shopping.
- Best time to visit: Faridabad can be explored all around the year but avoid the scorching summer months of June and July.
- Suggested Itinerary: Mughal Bridge, Ballabgarh, Dhauj Lake, Surajkund, Badhkal Lake, etc
- Tips for travel: Pre-book for sports activities before visiting.
- How to reach: The ideal option is by road as you can arrive here from Delhi in just 40 minutes, and other than that, Faridabad is also linked through buses from Delhi.
- Where to stay: Rajhans Hotel, Rajmandir Hotel, Ekant Hotel
- Best For: History Buffs, Shopaholics, Photography Buffs, Families, Couples and Solo Travelers.
- Where to stay: Hotel Misaki, Hyatt Regency Gurgaon and Heritage Villa Resort and Spa.
- Best For: History Buffs, Peace Lovers, Photography Buffs, Families, Couples and Solo Travelers.
6) Gurugram (30 km)
TripAdvisor Rating –
Although Gurugram is more of an industrial hotspot, it is still filled with many thrilling adventures. So, No.6 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Gurgaon. For those Delhiites that only have a single day of the weekend, Gurgaon offers a lot of fun!
There are many adventure camps and water parks situated here offering activities like paragliding, air safaris, ziplining, rock climbing, go-karting and several others.
- Distance from Delhi: 30 km
- Famous For: Adventure Activities, Shopping Malls, and water parks.
- Activities to do: Go-karting, paragliding, paintball, arts, and culture.
- Best time to visit: September to March are the best months to soak in the adventurous aura of Gurgaon.
- Suggested Itinerary: Kingdom of Dreams, Sultanpur National Park, Leisure Valley Park, Manesar, Damdama Lake.
- Tips for travel: Make sure to explore the adventures availed here and make your weekend awesome!
- How to reach: Gurugram is connected to Delhi via buses as well as metro. Moreover, the closest metro station to here is Huda City Centre.
- Where to stay: The Pllazio Hotel, The Leela Ambience, and Ramada Gurgaon Central.
- Best For: Family Tourists, Solo travelers, Adventure Lovers, Nature Lovers.
7) Dhauj (45 km)
No.7 on the list of places to visit near Delhi within 50 kms is Dhauj. Dhauj is well-known for its adventure camps as this place is filled with various camping sites. These campsites offer tons of activities to hype up your adrenaline.
So if you are someone who’s craving adventure on a weekend, you can visit Dhauj and take part in adventures like, rock climbing, rappelling, zorbing, cycling and many others.
- Distance from Delhi: 45 km
- Famous For: Adventure Activities, Camps, and Dhauj Lake
- Activities to do: River Crossing, Obstacle Course, Raft Building, Rappelling, Rock Climbing, Camping, etc.
- Best time to visit: You can explore Dhauj all around the year but avoid visiting it during summer months as the scorching heat can be trouble in your adventurous time.
- Suggested Itinerary: Adventure Camps and Dhauj Lake
- Tips for travel: Make sure to book activities at the camps after checking the availability for the adventures offered.
- How to reach: Take a cab from Delhi to Dhauj as reaching Dhauj by road is the best way so you can also drive from Delhi to Dhauj.
- Where to stay: Dhauj Camps, Camp Wild, and The Lalit Mangar.
- Best For: Families, Solo Travelers, Adventure Seekers, and Nature Lovers.
8) Sultanpur National Park (45 km)
TripAdvisor Rating –